1 1/2 cups almond meal (or hazelnut meal for even more chocolatey flavour)
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
4 Tbsp olive oil or rice bran oil
1/2 piece of crystallised ginger (to top each cookie)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. So simple- literally place all ingredients into 1 medium sized mixing bowl and mix it all together until wet- making a solid mass of dough.
3. Roll into bliss ball sized balls and pop onto your baking tray, press down with a fork and top with a piece of the crystallised ginger.
4. Cook for 20 minutes (keep an eye of the colour and smell as they bake to prevent burning).
5. Cool on baking tray and enjoy!
These babies can store up to a week in an airtight container!
GF, DF, V, VG
Recipe adapted from the lovely Jacqueline Alwill @ Brown Paper Nutrition.